October 1, 2021
In this Issue:
Access Scholarships and Training Funds through the Collaborative
The Collaborative is committed to providing financial assistance to support training within the children’s mental health field in Hennepin County. Funding is available for scholarships, training and sponsorships. Resources are available on a first come, first served basis throughout the year.
Three types of scholarships, training or learning have been prioritized in 2021:
- Scholarships to attend publicly announced children’s mental health conferences or trainings.
- Training grants (up to $1,000 each) for up to 10 community agencies that provide children’s mental health related trainings or workshops.
- Sponsorships (up to $1,000 each) will be available for up to three agencies, individuals (adult or youth), or providers to create or host plays, speeches, or public events that have clear children’s mental health focus or education goals.
Scholarships are available to individuals who fall into one or more of the following categories:
- Partial Scholarships (up to 75% of training cost). Employees, individuals, volunteers, or interns who work at nonprofit or for-profit agencies provided that the applicant is involved in the delivery of mental health support, programs or services to Hennepin County children and families. The agency may be located anywhere in the Greater Metro area (does not need to be located in Hennepin County).
- Full or Partial Scholarships (full cost up to $300 or partial cost up to 75% if more than $300). Parents, youth, grandparents, and other individuals who are participating in, or in need of, children’s mental health services and programs located within Hennepin County and in service to Hennepin County residents.
For more information, contact Laura LaCroix-Dalluhn.
Check out the latest evaluation data on Collaborative COVID-19 Parent and Provider initiative, District 287’s Diploma On! program as well as DOCCR’s trauma-informed, culturally specific programs. You can find the Collaboratives Research & Reports page!
Hennepin County Children’s Mental Health Collaborative Announcements
The Hennepin County Children’s Mental Health Collaborative (HCCMHC) is announcing the following meetings in October.
- Executive Committee: Friday, October 1, 2021 from 9-11 AM
- Governance Committee: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 from 3:30-5:00 PM
- School-based Mental Health Subcommittee: Tuesday, October 26, 2021 from 3:00-4:00 PM
- Collaborative Data Workgroup: Monday, October 11, 2021 from 2:30-4:00 PM
If you would like additional meeting information contact for any of the above meetings, or other System of Care Subcommittee, please contact Laura LaCroix-Dalluhn. The 2021 Leadership meeting schedule can be found here.
Minneapolis Public Schools hosts ECFE Parent Night
Our Youngest Learners and their Emotional Wellbeing
October 13, 2021 from 7-8:30 pm
Please email Ms. Sarah Washington with any questions.
Her email is: email@example.com
MACMH is hosting the fourth annual Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health Conference – “Separations and Reunions: Opportunities to Promote Resilience for Young Children, their Families and Caregivers.”
Happening online November 8 and 9, the conference is designed for professionals who work with children prenatal to age 6 and their families and caregivers.
All workshops will be recorded and available for registered attendees to view for 30 days following the conference.